Pure Executive are pleased to be recruiting a Finance Director on a temp to perm basis for a not-for-profit Charity based in Central London. The role initially can be undertaken on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The role will report into the Chief Executive and work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure implementation of agreed strategic objectives, the provision of accurate and timely financial reporting and to provide effective leadership of the finance team.
Our client is the largest federation in their field and bring together members in over 100 countries.
Although they are working remotely at the moment the role will offer flexible working with the ability to work from home two to three days a week so this would suit someone both in and outside of London wanting flexibility and a hybrid working model.
You must be a fully qualified accountant and have experience of working in a Charity, ideally membership based. You will also need to be immediately available or available to start within the next few weeks.
- Provide sound financial advice to the Chief Executive and Executive Group
- Working with finance staff to ensure budgets and financial reports are robust
- Take lead responsibility for annual financial planning, oversee reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements. Production of strategic and annual financial plans and financial reports to Companies House, Charity Commission, etc
- Ensuring the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Companies Act and Charities Act
- Ensuring effective financial and operational systems, procedures and controls are in place
- Overseeing the external, monthly payroll provider and ensure compliance with PAYE & Pension requirements
- Update and develop financial policies to ensure robust internal controls
- Lead and inspire the Finance team in the provision of high quality services and adherence to professional quality standards
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Not for Profit Charity experience is highly desirable, ideally membership based
- Significant experience working within a senior finance role and managing a team
- Extensive experience of system and process improvement
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence at all level