Non Executive Director
Due to retirement, we are currently seeking a Non-Executive Director to join the Board of a highly respected, privately owned manufacturing business based in Suffolk.
The Non-Executive Directors collaborate to provide genuine challenge, commercial insight and ensure that high levels of accountability, best practice and corporate governance are delivered. They are key partners in the strategic direction and reputation of the business and are committed to increasing shareholder value, driving innovation and sustainable practices whilst ensuring high levels of engagement and wellbeing for employees.
Skilled at contributing constructive, supportive and independent challenge combined with deep commercial and strategic insight and strong governance, the individual will join this ambitious, progressive and collegiate Board.
The following attributes are sought:
- A background within FMCG manufacturing businesses
- Previous executive leadership experience as an MD or CEO overseeing the performance of a large, multi-site capital intensive business
- Functional expertise likely to be commercial, financial, operations or engineering
- Relationship led, a skilled listener, who treats others as equals and be committed to contributing to full and frank discussions
- Knowledge of progressive ESG practices would be beneficial
- International experience is desirable
- Diversity of thinking to existing Board members
12 days a year for Board meetings and strategy reviews, alongside ad hoc support of approximately another 6 -12 days a year for phone calls, projects etc.