Pure Executive is delighted to be working in exclusive partnership with Howard Group to appoint a Non-Executive Director (NED) to the Board.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Howard Group is a leading regional property developer and investor with a £190m portfolio of diverse and professionally managed properties. They are also a collaborative and patient investment partner, with £3.8m currently invested, supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs developing meaningful, knowledge-intensive businesses.
As a third-generation family business, family members are actively involved at Board level and participation with the Family Council.
- To act as a representative of the shareholders and the Family Council on the various company boards. To help to guide and steer the business in accordance with the company’s Centenary vision, purpose, vision, ethos and strategic objectives.
- To contribute appropriate independent oversight and constructive challenge to the executive team. Provide market knowledge, expertise and insights to the Board. Assist in the formulation and approval of strategy together with ongoing monitoring of performance. Oversight of financial controls & systems of risk management.
- To provide appropriate levels of support, mentoring, advice and assistance to the CEO and other members of the management team.
- Background and experience in a client-centred context of commercial real estate development;
- Breadth of experience encompassing development, investment and/or fund management;
- A history supporting multi-generational organisations with a long-standing heritage;
- A patient approach to development with a focus on longevity and ESG;
- Ability to challenge, probe, encourage and inspire the Executive team from a position of past experience and sector knowledge;
- Relevant and current contacts and relationships that add value and depth to Howard Group;
- Corporate Governance experience;
- Strategic approach with commercial and business acuity;
- A strong desire to invest time in making a valuable contribution to this dynamic and exciting business.
- The requirements are flexible and may vary depending upon the specific needs of the business, however in total, the time commitment is not expected to be greater than 10 - 12 days each year.