We are proud to be recruiting a Managing Director for a progressive technology business based in Great Yarmouth. Reporting to the Board, you be fully responsible for the strategic direction as well as the day to operational running of the business.
You will be formulating and implementing the company three year strategy to drive profitable growth as well as ensuring the operational goals are understood by the senior management team and employees. A passion for developing culture and behaviours will be at your core, whilst keeping one eye on the market for future business opportunities and new projects.
Duties will include:
- Contribute at Board Level to the strategic development and operational efficiency of the Company.
- Collaboratively work with the Board to implement Group strategy to drive profitable growth.
- Lead the business on a day-to-day basis. ? Ensuring the Company strategy and operational goals are fully understood and owned by the Senior Management team and other employees.
- Continuously promote a performance culture with structured reviews using modern management techniques and tools.
- Develop, coach, and inspire the senior leadership team to drive a culture of engagement and performance.
- Taking the lead across all aspects of the Company by reviewing how departments work together to reach company goals and bringing fresh ideas that will set the company apart from competitors.
- Working closely with Commercial Director and Head of Finance to formulate financial budgets for all departments and ensuring adequate controls are in place.
- Maintain effective stakeholder management and external advisor relations. ? Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, growth opportunities, industry developments.
- Provide a challenging but rewarding and supportive environment for employees, offering long term career development.
- Provide a strong corporate governance framework and promote best practice in all business activities.
- Assess, monitor and minimise risks to the company. Identifying any potential risks and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place to manage performance.
- Provide leadership to senior management team in the following functions. Sales, Marketing, HR, Technology, Finance & Commercial.
- We are looking for an values driven, inspirational leader who has strategic experience and vision.
- You will have worked previously as a CEO of a small to medium size business or a Director looking to step up into your first CEO role with a demonstrable record of financial planning, budget control and commercial skills.
- Experience of managing cultural change as well as having a drive for improvement and innovation and a positive attitude are key.
- People management will be high on your agenda demonstrating success in managing and motivating a skilled team to achieve their goals.
- We are looking for experience in a technology led business and ideally with international B2B background
In return for your commitment to the business, you will have the opportunity to work with a great bunch of people, who are highly motivated and passionate, aligned to the core values of the business.
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme and potential for shares/equity
- Contributory pension
- BUPA healthcare
- Death in service x 2
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements