Pure Executive have been engaged to recruit a high calibre Finance Director for an existing client based in Basildon, Essex.
Our client is a nationwide business that has created the role to oversee the day to day operations of the finance department.
The position of Finance Director has three clear purposes:
- To ensure the business is run in a compliant way and that the finance function has strong controls and processes
- Provide sound financial advice, guidance and challenge to the executive board and the senior management team
- Deliver a variety of first-class financial reporting at board level
Key responsibilities: -
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the Group
- Support the board in identifying new routes to grow revenue and profitability
- Oversee the preparation of management accounts and report financial performance to the board
- Manage short and long term cash flow
- Preparation of statutory accounts and ensuring company compliance with HMRC, on all matters of taxation and VAT
- Business partner with various division heads to support individual budgets and areas for growth
- Challenge the business with improvements in financial controls, policies, systems, etc
- Support new bids / tenders, providing commercial insight and support
Skills, Knowledge and Experience: -
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Significant experience in a similar level finance role
- Large business experience (c£100m to £300m turnover)
- Ideally public sector experience is desirable
- Ability to challenge at board level
For a confidential conversation please contact Andy Dowsett at Pure Executive in Chelmsford, Essex.