Applied Satellite Technology (AST) is an international communications business leading the way through innovation and being the first to market on numerous occasions with new products and services. With over 25 years of experience in delivering satellite communications services, AST is a trusted global satellite communications equipment supplier of end-to-end remote communication solutions.
The industry continues to evolve and with the investment in Low Earth Orbit satellites, this creates exciting opportunities for AST to evolve and remain thought leaders and innovators who continually provide their customers the very best service and solutions.
They have created a robust and financially secure business. This is an exciting time to join the industry and work with the team to deliver continued, and sustainable growth into the future.
This role has been created to provide management and leadership to the finance team and broader business functions taking overall responsibility for the development, performance, and maintenance of the commercial activities of the organisation to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organisation.
You will plan, develop, and implement commercial strategies based on AST targets and objectives with the main goal of supporting and accelerating growth. You will focus on performance management and making the most of commercial contracts, and transactions.
You will drive revenue, negotiate profitable contracts, review market trends to maximise opportunities, review pricing, and provide financial review and analysis on all major commercial activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills. Able to support and stand in for Managing Director.
- Strong financial acumen, financially qualified, with a track record improving profitability through detailed analysis and interpretation.
- Led Finance teams, preferably in an international market, to drive business performance.
- Exposure to mergers and acquisitions.
- Synergistic industry experience and in-depth knowledge of a similar model of market.
- Senior level experience of managing commercial activities globally.
- Good understanding of commercial management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics.
- Overseas travel will be a requirement of the role.