Newly created Board level Commercial Director opportunity within established but ambitious FMCG/wholesale business.
With responsibility for sales, marketing and customer service you will be responsible for developing and delivering growth strategies by bringing innovative commercial thinking to the company’s technologies, products and services. The role will shape both domestic and international growth plans to maximise market share and value for the business, ensuring sales activities are aligned to the company brand and values. Our client is looking for an experienced leader with a collaborative and inspiring approach who offers a proven track record of delivering profitable growth from within a product/distribution/wholesale environment. In a sector with continued momentum, this is an exceptionally exciting time to join the business where you will have the opportunity to play an active role at Board level and work with a dynamic, positive and values led team. The business has an excellent reputation, known for it’s high quality products, customer centric approach and engaged, progressive culture.
- Lead UK and International sales and marketing strategy, developing a compelling offer with clear product, pricing, distribution and customer service arrangements
- Work as part of the Board to develop and deliver innovative commercial business strategies
- Develop & deploy annual B2B and B2C sales plans, driving performance, productivity and profitability
- Explore new routes to market to maximise commercial opportunity
- Lead marketing to complement sales strategy by ensuring plans reflect market intelligence and consumer trends
- Lead development of a customer service strategy to enhance the customer experience and ensure a quality driven approach
- Develop, coach and engage a multi-site team of sales, marketing and customer service professionals
- Experienced and sales and marketing leader with strong commercial acumen from within the product/FMCG/distribution/wholesale sector – both B2B and B2C
- Solid knowledge of complex supply chain processes
- Data and insights driven, with strong analytical and presentation skills – credible and engaging communication style
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Growth and continuous improvement mindset, motivated to succeed but aligned to a valued led, collaborative team environment
- Ability to lead through change, both organic and acquisitive
- People focused with the energy and passion to develop high performing teams
A compelling package is on offer including equity share save scheme, generous pension and holiday allowance. Hybrid working is offered as standard.
Contact Jodie Woodrow, Director with your CV.