Celebrating over a decade of building healthier communities, East Coast Community Healthcare CIC (ECCH) is a progressive and innovative employee-owned social enterprise (currently) providing a wide range of community and home-based NHS healthcare services in Norfolk and Suffolk. As a social enterprise, with c80% of staff being shareholders they have an opportunity to create a more sustainable and flexible organisation, where they can take charge of their own destiny and make real improvements to services and the health of the communities they serve. As the UK healthcare system changes, ECCH’s growth, diversification and partnership (GDP) strategy will be to grow and diversify its sources of revenue to make it more resilient as an organisation and build the profit to reinvest towards building healthier communities. This approach is new to ECCH, and this newly created role plays a central and critical part in the delivery of this strategic objective.
The Commercial Director sits as part of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to the CEO. Aligned to the culture, values and behaviours of the organisation, the successful individual will bring entrepreneurial flair, and a blend of relationship-driven business development skills from the commercial sector. An understanding of the public and private health and wellbeing sectors will be helpful, but is not essential. With a proven track record of developing profitable and sustainable income streams, the individual will have been accountable for contract negotiations and maintenance. Engaging with internal teams and the Board, the successful individual will be responsible for identifying and maximising commercial health and wellbeing market opportunities utilising existing services, whilst developing and delivering new provisions that complement the current offering.
There are 3 main elements to the role:
- Development and implementation of the growth and diversification plan
- Building and running a ‘win new business’ capability to generate leads and convert them into profitable new business
- Commercial oversight of contracts to ensure delivery of the service promised at the profitability planned
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience of working in a relationship-based business development role
- Development and conversion of commercial opportunities into profitable services
- An entrepreneurial, consultative and ethical sales record
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams
- Management of bids, tender responses, and other submitted material
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skill
- Credible and confident communication and presentation skills
- Embracing and knowledgeable on digital strategy
- Ambitious, results driven and proactive with excellent problem-solving skills
This search mandate is being handled exclusively by Pure Executive. Please contact Jodie Woodrow, Director for further information.