Pure Executive are exclusively partnering with The Wine Company to appoint a new Commercial Director. Looking to drive continued growth and innovation, this newly created role will strengthen the commercial and digital leadership capability across the business. Working closely with Founder/CEO, the focus will be developing and delivering strategy for sales growth, managing the day-to-day commercial activities including business development and digital marketing, whilst leading and developing a multi-function team across sales, marketing, communications and customer service.
The Wine Company was founded in 2014 by Jonny Wheeler whose family has been intimately involved in the premium and fine wine market in the UK for six generations. Specialising in the online and direct to consumer premium wine market, the business has established a clear market position delivering consistent year on year growth. It has evolved into a vibrant, acquisitive and ambitions multi-channel operation, which is highly respected and trusted within the sector.
- Grow the premium and fine wine Home Delivery and Retail B2C and B2B customer base
- Develop and nurture long-term loyal relationships with both existing and new customer acquisitions as well as the brands key accounts, based on an understanding of their business and market dynamics.
- Increase revenues and profitability of the brands in line with overall strategic plan by driven increased purchase frequency and average order value
- Develop and implement budgets, forecasts and operational sales plan in collaboration with the CEO and Finance Director
- Continue to develop the ecommerce platform, digital marketing capability and CRM to drive loyalty, increased value and new customer acquisition
- Use data analytics to drive effective business development activities
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing multi-functional expert team
- Develop expert market and product knowledge – offering a thorough knowledge of the wine sector and The Wine Company’s suppliers, customers, brands and products
An attractive salary with a wider package to include annual bonus based on OTE performance and opportunity to participate in company’s share option scheme is on offer.