This newly created senior leadership role will drive ambitious growth opportunities, bringing innovative commercial thinking to the companies technologies, products and services. Reporting to the CEO of this technical manufacturing business, working in close collaboration with the Board and senior leadership team, the role will help shape and deliver exciting domestic and international growth plans by leading all commercial activity, developing and executing sales and marketing plans to maximise value for the business. The Commercial Director will be responsible for the sales, marketing and customer services teams within the business. My client has experienced significant sustainable and profitable growth over recent years, with this new role being fundamental to the businesses continued success as part of a dynamic, focused leadership team. The business has a progressive, engaged and values driven culture that fosters teamwork and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of UK and International sales and marketing strategy
- To work as part of the senior leadership team in a collaborative and dynamic environment, developing and delivering innovative commercial business strategies.
- Drive the development and deployment of the annual sales plans, monitoring and reporting performance to ensure targets are achieved
- Develop appropriate routes to market including own or external service centres to maximise value growth.
- Lead Marketing to complement sales strategy by ensuring that sales plans reflect market intelligence and sales activities are aligned with branding
- Lead the sales forecasting process to ensure that assets and resources are aligned with market opportunities.
- Lead the development of a Customer Service strategy in order to manage the Customer experience
- To lead at BOD level the development of the product Road Map and be responsible for all the business cases behind the numbers
- Ensure company culture and values are embraced by all.
- Play an active role at Board level, driving shareholder value.
- Responsible for seven direct reports and further 11 in-directs.
- Educated to degree level or have had operated with considerable senior management or board-level experience in the complex component/scientific manufacturing sector.
- Intimate knowledge of appropriate markets, customers and or products will be required with a proven track record of delivering profitable growth
- Intimate knowledge of complex supply chain processes.
- Proven track record of being new, innovative thinking to a business that has positively impacted a business
- Data driven with strong analytical skills, with the ability to unite and motivate people around decisions
- Credible and professional, with sound commercial judgment and the ability to think through the broader business implications
- A thorough and wide-ranging knowledge of current and potential markets, market dynamics and pricing policy
- Have highly developed leadership and influencing skills, capable of being used with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- The ability to work internationally with people from diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
- A genuinely open and ambitious mindset that can embed a spirit and determination for continuous improvement.
- The ability to lead through change, both organic and acquisitive