We are looking for an exceptional CEO to lead Hethel Innovation through its next phase of growth and development.
The ideal candidate will serve as the figurehead for the organisation, responsible for implementing an ambitious strategy that promotes innovation, fosters collaboration, and sustains a supportive culture. The CEO will play a critical role in expanding reach, driving sustainable growth, and enhancing the reputation of this business.
They are dynamic and forward-thinking – they create thriving communities of businesses and provide commercial property space across multiple sites. You will have the opportunity to contribute to, and bring to fruition, long-term growth plans for Hethel Innovation to become the driver for SMEs seeking growth, innovation, and success.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of leadership, strategic, and interpersonal qualities to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Visionary Leadership: The CEO should be a forward-thinking and innovative leader who can envision the long-term growth and development of the organisation. They should have a clear and inspiring vision for driving the company which the team and stakeholders buy into.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a long-term vision and strategy, aligning it with our core values and objectives.
- Business Expansion: Identify opportunities for expanding our communities and enhancing the services offered to our members. This will include new product development, physical expansion of existing sites, and acquiring new locations.
- Community Building Expertise: An ideal candidate would have experience in successfully building and nurturing strong business communities, fostering an environment that promotes collaboration, mutual support, and collective success. This could be within a science park, technology park, incubator, accelerator, or similar innovation-based programme.
- Team & Board Development: Attract, develop, and retain top talent, empowering the team to perform at their best and achieve company goals. Be the liaison for the board, acting as the first point of contact for communication with and within the board.
- Financial Performance: Oversee financial operations, ensuring fiscal responsibility and profitability in alignment with the company's objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify and address potential risks, ensuring that the organisation operates within legal and regulatory boundaries.
Qualifications, attributes and skills required:
- Proven track record of successful leadership, preferably in a related industry such as business support, community development, or property management.
- Demonstrated experience building and growing successful business communities and fostering a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Strong strategic thinking abilities with a vision for growth and innovation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to serve as an effective spokesperson for the organisation.
- An adaptable and forward-thinking mindset to navigate challenges and opportunities in a dynamic market.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team and create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets and drive profitability.
- People orientated with strong emotional intelligence and passion for developing skills and experience.
Rarely does a CEO position arise to lead an innovative and exciting company with such a large reach across the East of England.
Pure Executive is the exclusive retained recruitment partner for this appointment. If you meet the above criteria and are motivated by the opportunity, please apply for the role, or contact Joseph O’Sullivan, Senior Manager or Tom Earl, Director for further information.