Pure Executive are excited to be partnering exclusively with St Joseph's College, Ipswich to recruit the newly created position of Director of Finance.
This newly created role is fundamental to the College's future development plans and helping them to continue on their present journey. St Joseph's has gone through a series of changes over the last few years, with large capital investments including a £2m state-of-the-art Astroturf complex and the acquisition of their current site and buildings. This is the start of the College's long term plan to further leverage their reputation and enhance their position in the market place whilst staying true to the College's ethos.
The role of Director of Finance will be responsible for the following areas:
• All financial matters in line with the accounting policies and strategies set by the Board of Governors
• Financial budgeting, modelling and reporting
• Monitoring financial performance including developing robust KPI's
• Management of the College's external relationships including banking and insurance
• VAT reporting and Taxation
• Purchasing and contract management including tenders
• Review of processes and systems and identify areas of improvement
• Management and performance of the employees in the finance function.
In order to be successful in this position you will require the following skills and attributes:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or equivalent with substantial post qualification experience.
• Experience of working in the charity/not for profit or independent school sector
• Very good understanding of UK GAAP (FRS 102) and taxation matters
• Familiarity of middle/senior leadership line-management
• Experienced in the review and improvement of systems and procedures
• Strong background in the preparation of annual budgets, re-forecasts and financial models
• Ability to establish outstanding working relationships and effective teamwork.
• A willingness and an ability to lead and embrace change
• Ability to generate ideas and drive initiatives
The role-holder will be a member of the College's Senior Leadership team and be required to report to and attend meetings of the Board of Governors Finance Committee. As a member of the College's Senior Leadership team you will be someone who thinks strategically, plans methodically, works collaboratively but with the ability to show independent volition, and who takes responsibility.
This position is being recruited and managed exclusively by Pure Executive and all applications or questions should be directed to Jamie Morton in our Ipswich office.