We are delighted to be partnering with Virgin Wines Plc to support them in the search for their new Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
This is a highly exciting opportunity for an innovative, creative and hands on CTO to join one of the UK’s leading businesses as they embark on the next phase of growth.
Virgin Wines is one of the largest Direct to Consumer online specialist wine retailers in the UK, established in 2000 by the Virgin Group and was subsequently acquired by Direct Wines in 2005.
Our search is focussed in finding a strong strategic, but also hands on CTO, with a breadth of experience across IT, technology and change.
You will be part of a dynamic senior management team with full autonomy in the technology functions but also guiding broader commercial and strategic decision making.
Duties will include:
• Define, agree, execute and evolve a technology strategy that supports the business strategy by developing an in depth knowledge and understanding of the business
• Lead, develop, coach, mentor and manage a team of c18 technical staff including developers, testers, system administrators, project managers / business analysts, data analysts, infrastructure support technicians and database administrators
• Ensure IT skills, tools and capability are identified and in place to deliver Virgin Wine’s medium and long term strategic aims
• Provide advice and guidance on technology matters to the Executive Management Team and Board
• Deliver a high level of system uptime in a 7 day a week operation through delivery of high quality and tested change, continuous improvement and root cause analysis. This includes leading recovery activities for IT incidents with significant business impact
• Act as a trusted Business Partner to peers on the Leadership Team influencing and helping them to identify, form, understand and plan their technology needs
• Identify and communicate IT costs and risks associated with business initiatives ensuring they are included in any business case
• Identify opportunities and develop business cases for IT investment.
• Build, maintain and execute schedule of IT deliveries that meets business objectives and ensure that the agreed schedule is met, managing and communicating any deviations
• To identify and manage all material IT risks. Define and agree mitigation plans
• Ensure that all required steps are taken to ensure the continued security of the technical environment and the data held within it
• Define, agree and manage against operational and capital budgets for IT expenditure
• Ensure technology is in place to support disaster recovery and business continuity plans and are tested annually.
• Act as Data Protection Officer ensuring compliance with all regulations and contractual obligations including GDPR and PCI
• Take ownership and drive value from key external relationships with third parties delivering IT services.
• Ensure that suitable IT processes, controls and reporting are in place and that they are appropriate for a public listed company
We are looking for some of the following skills and experience’s:
• Demonstrable experience of leading an IT function at a senior level with experience of organising, managing and motivating technology teams to achieve results whilst growing their skills and capabilities to meet business requirement
• Broad experience of innovating, implementing and maintaining technology, applications and infrastructure gained in a consumer facing business
• Track record of delivering outstanding IT service and technical project delivery
• Have been a hands on technologist in the past with practical experience in a number of the following – SDLC, Infrastructure, IT Ops, Cloud, IT Sec, E-Comms.
• Ability communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholder and to share complex technical concepts with a non-technical audience
• Experience of leading and overseeing a software delivery team. The ability to write code is not a requirement
• Experience engaging and presenting at C-Suite / Board level
• Ability to identify situations where intervention in the detail is required, and the willingness to do it. Conversely, the ability to leave the detail to others when appropriate
• A decision maker, but where the decisions are based upon evidence and data
• A healthy dislike of the status quo with a willingness to challenge how things are done
• A commercial thinker with proven ability to balance operational risk/requirements with technology innovation
• Ability to think strategically but act pragmatically and proactively
On offer is a market leading salary with a generous benefits package. Opportunities with the organisations are superb due to continued growth and expansion.
The business is working remotely and welcome applications from across East Anglia (Or further afield with relocation) with the ability to work from their head offices in Norfolk, post covid, 2-3 times a week.
For further details pls visit - https://virginwines.prs.uk.com/