An innovative Cleantech organisation who design and deliver high performance and highly efficient energy systems, seek an experienced Head of Business Development to drive ambitious growth plans. Within this newly created role the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational business development and customer relationship activities.
This is a leadership role which will see you own the business development strategy and build a team that can deliver short term revenue growth as well as long term financial sustainability. You will create a team providing outstanding customer service as a fully integrated service provider.
Short terms objectives
• Create a corporate sales strategy to achieve growth expectations agreed with the Board and Shareholders
• Recruit key personnel and agree the right structure to achieve goals
• Hands on business development and account management with key customers
• Manage proposals, bids and tenders
• Negotiate commercially viable and compliant contracts with customers
• Become the expert giving advice, guidance and recommendations for growth
Medium term objectives
• Create and implement a marketing plan
• Build and promote brand awareness
• Drive an international and long term growth programme
• Focused on profitability and generating value
• Lead and develop a world class team
Key skills and experience required
• Extensive experience leading a business development team within an engineering environment, ideally mechanical or electronics
• Background within product management and managing a team of both account managers and product managers
• Proven track record generating new business and delivering sustainable growth
• International sales experience
• Strong negotiation skills gained within a corporate client base and agreeing contracts with multinational organisations
We are looking for a strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen, leadership experience and someone who builds strong working relationships with both internal and external customers. You must have outstanding communication skills and the ability to present and deliver in front of stakeholders and key customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of strategic growth plans and grow your own team within a high profile business. If the business meets its ambitious, yet achievable plans it is expected this position will grow with responsibility and reward.
This position is being managed by Tom earl at Pure Executive. To have a confidential discussion and find out more about this role, please contact Lucy Plumb.