Independent specialist Suffolk based organisation offering a diverse range of clinical products and services to the public and private sectors is seeking a new Finance Director to join their Senior Management Team.
This role is a highly varied, exciting senior management opportunity within a well-established company which is one of the most respected leaders in its field. You will be integral in delivering the financial business strategy and assist with the key decisions of the future of the business.
The Finance Director will assume responsibility for the leadership of the finance team transforming them into a business facing, value-adding department.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Ownership of the group financial plan focusing on continuous improvements and driving the company forward through financial management and stewardship
- Leadership and development of the finance department ensuring the company is compliant with strong governance
- Focused on profit identifying ways to improve margins through focused KPI’s across the business
- Lead the budgeting process and constant review of forecasts to ensure the business has strong cash management
- As part of the SMT you will act as a leader supporting the business through key decisions providing sound financial advice and guidance
- Strong stakeholder management and continuous communication of results
- Review all significant bids, tenders and contracts to ensure they are financially viable
- Responsible for the final stages of system migration and implementation
- Explore and implement further ways to improve the systems, processes and controls
- Liaise and build relationships with various other areas of the business
- You will be a qualified finance professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant post qualification experience
- You will have a proven track record in driving forward margins and profitability improvements
- Ability to present to and challenge the board as appropriate
- Strong technical ability as well as a natural business and commercial acumen
- Desire to drive continuous improvement into existing processes
- Personable, confident and hands on
- High attention to detail and an advanced Excel user and very systems orientated
- You will have a passion for the development of people and leading a team
- Commercially astute and business focused with an eye for future opportunities
- The ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with varied audiences
- Be hands on, a team player
You will be able to demonstrate that you can work effectively under pressure in a fast-moving environment and be willing to quickly understand every aspect of the business. You will be expected to challenge the Board along with the other members of the Senior Leadership team when required, and possess the gravitas and self- confidence to deliver financial correspondence which is clear, concise and easily understood.
Previous experience of working within service industry is preferred however applications will be welcomed from those with a background from within the SME market.
If you would like further information on this role and to apply for the position, please contact Amy Perks or Jodie Woodrow at Pure.