This specialist logistics organisation has enjoyed significant year on year growth and having just taken on external investment for growth, is embarking on an exciting period of change and further sustained growth. Recent senior appointments have strengthened the senior leadership team and in order to further facilitate this growth and change, they are seeking an experienced individual to join them as Finance Director.
This is a high profile, highly visible position and the postholder will be expected to make a real and tangible impact upon the business at every level. The Finance Director will assume responsibility for the leadership of the finance team transforming them into a business facing, value-adding department. Reporting to and working closely with the MD and CEO, the successful applicant will be required to implement enhanced controls, processes and procedures and ensure that these are embedded and adhered to.
The Financial Director will be responsible for delivering the following key objectives:
• Providing the Board and Senior Management team with management information, forecasts, and annual budgets.
• Communication of financial information to the Board and key stakeholders.
• Reporting monthly on the financial performance of the business including financial forecasts, KPI’s and variance analysis.
• Providing strategic financial direction to the Board and Senior Management team.
• Financial modelling and scenario planning.
• Involvement in the change management process, continually seeking to improve business efficiency, providing commercial and financial guidance to senior managers.
• Managing the legal, corporate governance and company secretarial processes
• Managing and motivating the finance team, acting as a mentor to continuously upskill and develop team members.
• Managing relationships with audit and tax advisors, legal counsel, bankers and insurers.
• Developing effective and efficient financial processes and procedures.
Applicants will be qualified accountants with experience of working as part of a Senior Leadership team with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial owner-managed business. A proven track record in adding value from a strategic and financial perspective is required along with the ability to take a long term, bigger picture view. You will be able to demonstrate that you are able to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic, fast-moving environment and be willing and able to quickly understand every facet of the business. You will be expected to challenge the CEO and MD along with the other members of the Senior Leadership team when required and possess the gravitas and self- confidence to deliver financial messages in a manner that is clear and easily understood.
Previous experience of working within the logistics sector is preferred however applications will be welcomed from those with a background in manufacturing or supply chain.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is offered along with an executive benefits package.
For more details regarding this assignment please contact Lucy Plumb or Nick Culley at Pure Executive.