Currently working with a large manufacturer and distributor who have a large presence across the UK and across the globe. They have a wide range of product lines with anything between £25m and £40m of stock at any one time they pride themselves on quality and have won a number of awards to back this.
Established for over 50 years this business have had a stable team for a long time and are looking for some fresh ideas and someone to take the team to a new level.
You will be responsible for -
• Oversee the selection of all new products for wholesale & retail trade
• Sign off on purchasing
• Identifying new opportunities to enhance the product offering
• Ensure you are working with all stakeholders to get the product to market on time and to budget
• Assessing goods based on quality safety and supply chain reliability
• Strategic divestment of range
• Pricing of finished products
• Making sure products are at the fore front of the market and keeping the client an industry leader
• Working with Global suppliers and supply chain to ensure reliable flow of products
Key skills required -
• A proven track record of procurement and management experience
• Able to come up with new ways of working
• Must have experience of procuring hardware
• Must have experience of dealing with suppliers in China and the far east
• Ability to lead and manage stakeholders at a range of levels
• Must have previously lead and developed a procurement team
• Ability to make difficult decisions
• Knowledge of the key market commodities, the processes and the major suppliers
Along with a competitive salary they also offer a generous pension, Healthcare, Bonus, and regular salary reviews.
If you are an ambitious person and would like to capitalise on a fantastic opportunity and don't mind putting in some hard work then please apply