c£90,000 + executive benefits package
Ion Science are a world-class technology company, that design and develop sensors and instrumentation for the gas detection industry. Working with globally important industries, they help customers understand their impact on the environment so their operations can be cleaner, safer, more economic and efficient. Working from a purpose built, eco friendly building just outside of Cambridge, they operate internationally and are invested for significant growth. They have developed a strong culture, focussed on collaboration, innovation, respect, quality and fun and these genuinely permeate throughout the business. Having achieved significant, profitable growth, they have ambitious and achievable growth plans and are investing in two key board appointments.
This newly created role of Operations Director is responsible for all UK operations including manufacturing, production engineering, planning, purchasing and facilities. Reporting to the CEO, working in collaboration with the Board and senior leadership team, the role will help shape and deliver ambitious growth plans by driving performance, quality and staff engagement. The role is strategic as well as having day-to-day responsibility for manufacturing and operations and it is a key leadership role, deputising for the CEO in his absence. Leading a team of c45 people, building on the culture is fundamental to success, ensuring people are motivated and happy in their work.
A sample of some of the key responsibilities include:
• Improve efficiency and performance of the Up operation whilst developing growth plans
• Management of the supply chain that includes overseas manufacturing in Korea and Czech Republic.
• Work with the Head of R&D on product innovation and development
• Play a key role as a Board member, contributing to the continued success and development of the business
Most importantly, the successful appointee, will continue to lead and embed the culture and values that are so critical to the success and reputation of Ion Science.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who will enjoy working as part of this growing, successful company and is looking to play a long-term role in its success.
Skills and attributes required include:
• Degree educated with considerable senior management or board level experience in the electronics/complex component manufacturing sector
• A proven leader who believes that employee engagement is the best way to drive performance with a genuine interest in developing people.
• Strong understanding of high-performance operations and efficiency methodologies
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to unite people around decisions and give clear instruction where necessary.
• Credible and professional, with sound commercial judgment and an ability to think through the broader implications.
Pure Executive are the exclusive retained recruitment partners to support Ion Science Ltd with the appointment of this newly created post.
If you meet the above criteria and are motivated by the opportunity, please send your CV to Lynn Walters.