Pure Executive are proud to be partnering with Roys of Wroxham (Roys) to facilitate the recruitment of a Non-Executive Director. Founded in 1895, Roys is a trusted and respected family owned business that is now led by third generation brothers Ed and Paul Roy. The business has grown, evolved and diversified over the years and operates the well-known and respected Roys of Wroxham department store and food store and 13 other consumer retail outlets and garden centres throughout Norfolk and Suffolk. Employing approximately 790 people, the culture is respectful and supportive and commercially focussed.
Roys are seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director with a genuine knowledge and interest in the local area and customers that Roys serves. The successful Non-Executive Director should possess a combination of the following skills and experience:
• Board level experience gained within either retail, hospitality or FMCG markets
• Business experience within an SME (£25m-£250million turnover)
• A connection to the local region, ideally resident in Norfolk, Suffolk or in the Eastern region
• A collaborative and engaged approach, whilst bringing independence. Effective communication skills with fellow Directors and the wider business
• Change management experience, providing insight, support and advice to enable the business to remain resilient and strong within a challenging and changing market
• A background within digital or marketing is preferred.
A three year term appointment, the time commitment is 12 days a year and includes:
• Four Board meetings per year that typically last half a day
• One Remuneration Committee and One Health and Safety Committee meeting per year
• Store and nursery site visits
• Competitor site visits
• Ad hoc meetings and calls and preparation for Board meetings
This opportunity would suit an experienced Non-Executive Director, however Roys would also consider an experienced Executive Director seeking their first NED appointment. Family business experience is desirable.
For more details please contact Lynn Walters or Lucy Plumb on 01223 666455.