Pure Executive have been retained exclusively to search for an inspirational finance leader to take up the role of Finance Director for our client based in Colchester, Essex.
Our client are a market leading organisation that are part of a highly successful multinational group.
The role is a commercially focused and strategic partner within the local and wider group’s leadership team. You will have the courage to challenge business decisions and be a true business partner but at the same time manage a large element of reporting and data to satisfy the regulatory compliance and corporate governance needs of the business.
• Responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the European divisions.
• Ensuring that the Period End Close is managed in line with corporate deadlines.
• Ultimate responsibility for preparation of financial plans (annual budgets / projections as required ) and providing full explanations on the Financial Performance of the business against these plans to the Local Leadership Team and the Group’s Senior Executive Team.
• Working as a business partner to ensure there is a good level of financial understanding within the business and to challenge costs / budget holders as required.
• Managing the capital process for European entities.
• Responsibility for year-end statutory audits of the European entities and ensuring that the financial statements are filed in compliance with local accounting requirement.
• Responsibility for corporate tax compliance for the European entities. This includes ensuring that there is suitable transfer pricing policy is in place for the EMEA entities.
• Ensure all European entities statutory records and filings are maintained within relevant legalization and timelines.
• Managing legal and contractual matters with suppliers and customers.
• Act as contact with local insurance representatives of the group’s chosen provider and ensure the entities assets, operations and employees are suitably insured within group guidelines.
• Managing all Company Lease Agreements and Company Car Fleet.
• Maintain good stakeholder relationships which include bankers / auditing and tax / pension administrator and corporate relationships at Group level.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:-
• ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant
• Experience of working within an international business
• Strong technical reporting skills
• Natural team leader and someone who can act as a mentor
• Adaptable, robust and someone who can challenge in an intelligent manor
• Motivated to drive and improve performance both financially and culturally
Please note there will be some international travel as part of this role.
For a confidential conversation please contact Andy Dowsett at Pure Executive in Chelmsford, Essex.