Pure Executive have been retained exclusively to recruit a board level Finance Director for a well established manufacturing business based in Colchester, Essex.
The business are looking for a high calibre individual that will add significant commercial and technical skills to the existing finance function. The role will form part of the senior leadership team and play an integral part and link to the wider Group Board.
The role will be based at their head office in Colchester with regular travel to a local manufacturing site and lead a medium size finance team.
We will be looking for candidates with a strong level of commercialism to complement their strong technical skills so being able to evidence this is key.
• Ensure the business is run in a compliant way and that the finance function has strong controls and processes
• Provide sound financial advice to the Board
• Think strategically to aid business growth and improved performance
• Oversee / review regular management reporting
• Produce and deliver interim and annual reports
• Manage and act as a mentor to the existing finance team
• Manage control of the P&L, Balance Sheet and short / long term cashflow
• Attend and add value to regular board meetings
• Take a lead in the Group's financial strategy
• Lead and deliver the annual audit process
• Oversee / prepare annual statutory returns to include HMRC and tax pack
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:-
• Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Proven experience as a Finance Director or a strong Financial Controller looking for their first Finance Director role
• Detailed knowledge of IFRS and experience of financial reporting within a Plc environment would be advantageous
• Energetic, proactive with a commercial mind-set
• Ability to operate in an open and transparent environment
• Open to a small amount of travel outside of the UK
For a confidential conversation please contact Andy Dowsett at Pure Executive in Chelmsford, Essex.