Ion Science are a world-class technology company, that design and develop sensors and instrumentation for the gas detection industry. Working with globally important industries, they help customers understand their impact on the environment so their operations can be cleaner, safer, more economic and efficient. Working from a purpose built, eco-friendly building just outside of Cambridge, they have achieved impressive growth over recent years, are projecting a further 20% profitable growth this year and plan a step change in their global activities. They have developed a dynamic culture, focussed on collaboration, innovation, respect, quality and fun and these genuinely permeate throughout the business. They have ambitious and achievable growth plans and are investing in two new and important board appointments.
The Finance Director Designate is a key leadership role with responsibility for financial management, accounting, reporting and control activities across the group of companies. Reporting to the CEO, the role will lead a small finance team and be mentored by a Non-Executive CFO, who will help develop the successful candidate from designate to full Finance Director status.
We are looking for a professionally qualified accountant, who is commercially astute and forward thinking with a minimum of three years of industry experience, preferably from within the manufacturing or technology industry. You will be ambitious to progress, demonstrating energy and drive, with a strong blend of technical accounting skills and previous experience in a senior leadership role shaping strategic growth plans.
• Provide strategic advice into wider business plans, promoting improved financial awareness and accountability of the leadership team.
• Proactive funding & risk planning, financial modelling and longer-term planning.
• Develop clear, concise and insightful financial reporting to drive performance.
• Develop and manage a value-add, business partnering approach and output focused finance team
• Develop systems, processes and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
• Overall responsibility for budgeting, cash flow and working capital management.
• Manage and develop relationships with external auditors, banks and other authorities.
Additional skills and attributes required
• Fully qualified accountant
• Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills.
• Values led, hands-on and proactive with experience of leading profitable growth within a culture of collaboration, quality and innovation.
• Clear, effective communicator, with excellent stakeholder management skills, and the gravitas to influence at Board level.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic finance professional to hone their skills and develop as an accomplished CFO.
Pure Executive are the exclusive retained recruitment partners to support Ion Science Ltd with the appointment of this newly created post.
If you meet the above criteria and are motivated by the opportunity, please send your CV to Jodie Woodrow.