This is a unique opportunity to join this established and growing Suffolk based family office whose interests include Commercial and Charitable entities.
Working closely as the lead finance professional and trusted advisor to both the Executive Directors of the Companies, and the Trustees and staff of the Charity, this role encompasses significant and unique responsibilities to both. Managing two teams in a small business environment with responsibility for finance and all regulatory/statutory functions will require a proactive individual. You will be a fully qualified senior finance professional with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, who can strike the right balance between strategic financial planning and operational hands on accounting. You will provide strategic advice and management information to two different Boards, helping to shape, review and deliver business plans for both the commercial and charitable interests of this successful family.
• Provide vision, direction and leadership for financial security and growth by proactively working with Directors and/or Trustees
• Develop commercial thinking and analytical reporting, by leading and mentoring a small finance team
• Provide insightful financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, including cash flow forecasting and management on all activities
• Prepare financial and management accounts, whilst reporting on progress and providing financial controls
• Produce Charity Annual Charges, Holdings Admin and estate Charges
• Ensure compliance and planning for Corporation Tax, VAT, Capital Gains, Inheritance Tax, CIS and other tax liabilities, working closely with the Company’s tax accountant.
• As a member of the Investment Committee for the Company and the Charity, produce accurate reporting of investment portfolio performance, valuation and asset allocation data
• Develop strong, trusted and effective relationships with all external advisors
• Develop and improve management of risk alongside the Commercial team and the Charity Trustees and Manager
The Directors of the Companies and the Trustees of the Charity are each developing their respective areas, evolving the culture and working styles. We are looking for an experienced individual who will positively contribute to this change, who has successfully developed and delivered financial strategy within a family owned business, but with a high degree of empathy and interest in the charitable sector. You will be forward-thinking individual, aligned to the purpose and values of this unique organisation with strong leadership abilities, and the capability to inspire, energise and empower others. Commercially astute with an eye for future opportunities, you will be grounded, personable and a flexible team player.
The role is offering a competitive salary and package.