Pure Executive are proud to be partnering with TMJ Interiors Ltd (TMJ) to facilitate the recruitment of a new Non-Executive Chair. Founded in 1981 by James Taylor, TMJ is a family owned, multi-award-winning specialist joinery and interior fit out company business operating from bespoke offices and manufacturing facilities in Bildeston, Suffolk. Employing 180+ employees with a leading reputation within the industry for expert design development and craftsmanship, quality and delivery, their name is synonymous with some of London’s most iconic historical buildings as well as more recent, innovative designs for international corporates and high-net worth individuals.
TMJ are looking to appoint an independent, forward thinking and commercially focused individual who is aligned to the culture, values and ethics of the business. The Chair will be an accomplished leader to support the strategy for continued growth, succession planning and change. Chairing the Board, this person will ensure TMJ’s mission and vision is achieved, create a framework of good governance and provide inclusive leadership to ensure each Board member drives performance and fulfils their duties and responsibilities. Promoting effective relationships and open communication, the Chair will encourage constructive debate and challenge, both inside and outside the boardroom. This person will act as a sounding board and mentor to the Group CEO, challenging where appropriate, whilst ensuring the Board functions as a collaborative team to achieve TMJ’s agreed objectives.
We will be seeking a combination of the following skills and experience:
• A successful track record of leading commercial businesses through change and growth, as a CEO and/or as experienced Non-Executive Director / Chair
• A background working with construction or complex manufacturing would be beneficial
• Experience of strategy, governance, succession planning, cultural change, employee engagement and development and fundraising/ company exits
• Strong people skills, with an inclusive, coaching communication style
• A mature, collaborative and invested approach, effective stakeholder management skills with fellow Directors and the wider business
• Sound judgement with the ability to guide, advise and appropriately challenge business decisions, long term planning and strategy
• Excellent diplomatic skills, the ability to gain respect and trust of individual Board members, and effectively Chair meetings to identify, where appropriate, a consensus way forward
Initially the preferred time commitment is 3-4 days a month. It is envisaged will reduce to 2 days a month as the Board transitions to collectively operating more independently and strategically.
Please contact Jodie Woodrow at Pure Executive for more details.