Adnams is a regional brewery with international reach founded in 1872 in the beautiful coastal town of Southwold, Suffolk. Today, the business has evolved into a vibrant and innovative award winning brewer, hotelier and wine merchant, with a strong commitment to social, environment and financial sustainability. With a portfolio of over 40 pubs, inns and hotels, 13 retail stores and a strong online presence, the business exports its premium products globally, employing 600 staff in the UK.
Adnams will be a seeking an exceptional leader for the pivotal role of Chief Financial Officer, who can demonstrate empathy to the family business origins but who will achieve the right balance between the PLC corporate and entrepreneurial environment. This is an Executive level appointment, reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Board and Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking to attract:
• A commercially astute, forward thinking CFO with a track record of leading profitable growth aligned to a culture of putting people first, driving innovation and long-term sustainability
• A proactive individual with high emotional intelligence and engaging interpersonal skills, to act as the strategic financial partner to the CEO, main Board and wider business
• A collaborative individual, with the vision and drive to take the business forward
• A fully qualified professional experienced in shaping strategic growth plans, and adept at complex financial modelling and scenario planning
• An inspiring leader with high integrity and courage, demonstrating a strong appreciation of brand and professional experience rooted in a complex, multi-faceted employer – preferably branded manufacturing, retail or hospitality/tourism
As CFO, you will:
• Be responsible for the overall control of the company’s accounting and IT function, ensuring the long term interests of shareholders, colleagues and customers is secured
• Lead on all financial processes, risk management and corporate administration, compliance and IT
• Drive business insight and efficiencies through the optimisation of systems and technology
• Co-ordinate all aspects of corporate finance including capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity management and compliance
• Develop and manage effective and supportive external stakeholder relationships
• Ensure the finance team are value-add partners to the business and highly skilled at producing insight information to drive performance
• Promote a culture of personal development, empowerment, responsibility and energy within the finance function and wider business
Adnams are an equal opportunities employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all colleagues. They are forward looking and are therefore open to consider flexible working arrangements provided they meet the business’ needs.
Pure Executive are exclusively retained to manage this assignment and only applications directed through Pure Executive will be assessed.