Business Services Director
Salary: c£75,000 + comprehensive benefits package
Pure Executive are delighted to be partnering with Granta Design, to facilitate the recruitment of a Business Services Director. Created to meet the challenge of scale up following an exciting period of growth, this is a new strategic position, reporting to the COO.
Your main focus will be leading and developing the core business services, comprising of approximately 20 staff across Finance, HR & Recruitment, Legal, IT & IS and Facilities. These pivotal teams support a growing software business of close to 200 people, engaged in R&D, marketing, sales, professional services and education, headquartered in Cambridge and with additional staff in the USA, Germany, France and Poland. The company has a global impact in a key area of science and technology, being leaders in the specialised field of materials information technology. Boasting a high-quality worldwide customer base of businesses including NASA, Jaguar Landrover, Airbus and Johnson & Johnson, along with many of the world’s leading Universities, Granta Design originated from Cambridge University 20 years ago.
The role will suit a professional who thrives on working in an ambitious and innovative environment, with smart, friendly and multinational group of colleagues all focused towards achieving ambitious goals. Offering high levels of autonomy and the opportunity to play a central role in shaping future business plans, there is genuine scope to progress longer term within the business for the right individual.
• Manage, lead and develop the ‘operating system’ of the business – nurturing collaborative teams motivated to deliver peak performance
• Provide accurate, insightful and timely management information and analysis to enable informed decision making by the Board and senior management
• Support the development and delivery of the company strategic plan, providing practical and creative input into the development of new business initiatives
• Support an evolving culture of openness, engagement, teamwork and commerciality
• Measure and improve the effectiveness of company processes and systems
• Provide hands-on support as required, driving the business forward
• Internal and external stakeholder management
• Ensure the company remains legally and financially compliant
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Proven competence in general management and expertise in at least one of: finance, HR, legal or IT, supported by a professional qualification
• Strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire teams and individuals.
• Experience of working at a senior level, operating strategically across the business whilst remaining hands-on
• Gravitas and credibility, professionalism and approachability
• Ability to develop strong, supportive and trusting working relationships
• Clear, effective communication and presentation skills
The role offers a competitive combined salary and benefits package including:
• 12.5% non-contributory pension
• Potential for bonus based on company performance (after six months service)
• Share option (after six months service)
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave + b’holidays
• Private health insurance or gym membership
In addition Granta Design offers a modern, spacious working environment with a relaxed, casual atmosphere, as well as good car parking, covered cycle storage & shower facilities.
Granta Design are a progressive, dynamic business who value their people and work hard to create a positive environment of productivity, personal development and reward. If you’d like to utilise your experience and skills whilst developing new ones in a key leadership role, then please contact Jodie Woodrow at Pure Executive with your CV in the first instance on: Jodie.email@example.com