Aquaterra Energy Ltd are at the forefront of offshore oil and gas engineering, supplying specialist award-winning engineered products through to conceptual design, analysis and construction. Partnering with a global customer base, they have delivered over 1000 projects worldwide and are trusted within the industry for their innovation, expertise and quality driven approach. The business is headquartered in Norwich with a wider network of offices in Aberdeen, Australia, Norway & Egypt, employing c.95 people. The highly experienced, forward-thinking Board sustainably manage the business for today and the future, with their people at the heart of everything they do. Focused on maintaining a highly motivated, engaged and expert workforce, Aquaterra Enegry Ltd is an inclusive working environment with a firm commitment to ESG and a vibrant, ambitious and collaborative culture.
Scaling for continued growth, the role of General Manager for the Offshore Platforms business is key to their strategic plans and offers exciting scope for future senior leadership progression. Reporting to the Technical Director with exposure to the Board, the role requires an ambitious, commercially focused individual with proven global engineering project delivery skills and strong business acumen from within the offshore oil and gas industry. With responsibility for leading and developing the Platforms Project Managers and Project Controls team, you will oversee the delivery, quality and continued revenue growth of the business unit.
- Report to the Technical Director and Company Board on project delivery status and performance
- Lead the Project Management Office within the P&L, ensuring control and reporting is in line with best practice
- Develop and drive strategy to achieve profitable and sustainable growth targets
- Lead, inspire, develop and coach both highly skilled and junior teams
- Lead business improvements to drive continued efficiencies and quality
- Provide effective stakeholder and long-term customer relationship management, developing future partnerships and optimising commercial opportunities
- Work in close collaboration with the Business Development Manager to deliver successful tenders
- Ensure effective subcontracts are secured to deliver best practice and commercial advantage
- Articulate and commercially astute, with excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A confident, engaging and effective communicator with strong listening skills, and the ability to influence and negotiate
- A collaborative team player, with strong emotional intelligence and empathy to other cultures
- An innovative, strategic thinker whose skills are balanced with operational delivery
- Calm under pressure, highly organised and professional in approach
- Quality driven, with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
Relocation package available.
This appointment is being managed exclusively by retained partner Pure Executive on behalf of Aquaterra Energy Ltd.