Pure Executive are proud to be working in exclusive partnership with Robinson Young Ltd in Bury St Edmunds to recruit a new Finance Director to the Board of this successful, privately owned business. Experiencing year on year profitable growth, this pivotal role will work as a trusted advisor to the owners and succeed the outgoing Finance Director due to planned retirement in Spring 2022.
Leading Finance, IT and Customer Service, this is a blended role of strategic Board leadership with day-to -day hands-on financial management. We will be looking for a professionally qualified, experienced finance leader with excellent stakeholder skills, aligned to a people centric culture of collaboration, quality and inclusivity. Utilising your proven experience gained in a similar sector, you will have the opportunity to drive financial performance and growth, develop a talented team and contribute to the wider engagement of the business.
Robinson Young Ltd has grown organically and through strategic acquisition, operating across the UK as a large-scale distributor of branded and own label non-food FMCG items to major UK supermarkets, global online platforms and convenience retailers. The business offers an award-winning service, having established long-standing relationships throughout their supply chain built on quality, innovation and expertise. They understand what it takes to build successful brands in today’s market, and consistently drive results.
- Develop and deliver the strategic objectives of the business in partnership with the Owner/Managing Director and Leadership team
- Provide insightful financial advice and guidance to the Board, management Team and wider business
- Budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management
- Lead the production of monthly and annual management and financial reporting
- Supply chain negotiation and reporting
- Professional advisor relationship management – auditors and bank
- Coach, develop and lead a multi-disciplined team of 11
- Drive efficiencies, controls and processes to maximise overall profitability
- Company Secretarial duties
Experience and attributes required:
- Professional accounting qualification: ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Experience of working in a financial leadership role for a medium-large growing commercial business
- Experience within FMCG/Manufacturing/Distribution sector –FMCG Definitely, distribution advantageous.
- Experienced people manager with the ability to coach, develop and inspire
- Strong IT and systems skills
- Ability to work with pace and accuracy within a complex, fast-moving sector
Your application will only be considered via pure Executive.