Pure Executive has been retained exclusively to recruit the newly created role of a Commercial Director to be based at our client’s head office near Harlow, Essex.
Our client is a privately owned business that has ambitious plans to grow over the coming years. Having recently made a significant investment into new custom made premises our client is ready for the next chapter in their journey. They have a great reputation in the industry and continue to grow revenue and profitability.
With a history that dates back nearly 40 years, our client is a people focused company that has a passion for delivering the highest level of quality to its customers. This is a key role for the group as the owner focuses on growing the business to deliver increased shareholder value. It’s objective over the next five years is to double in size and requires a Commercial / Managing Director who can help build and deliver a strategic plan.
We are therefore looking for an experienced senior leader that has experience in the automotive industry and a true passion for cars. You will need to be a strong people leader with a commercial mindset that can lead a period of change transformation.
- To implement the short and long term strategic growth plans as set out by the Founder / Owner and senior management team
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, growth opportunities, industry developments, etc
- Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimised
- To contribute at Board Level to the continued strategic development of the Company and of the Group
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies and personally drive new business opportunities
- Manage existing client relationships
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management as agreed and required
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Any other activities, as required by the Founder and Owner
- A background in the automotive sector is highly desirable
- Experience of a senior leadership role, ideally at director level who can motivate and energise
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the emotional intelligence to deal with people at all levels
- A strategic thinker that can deliver continued success and growth
- Personality traits to include a blend of professionalism, authenticity and commercial awareness
- An individual that is values driven and aligned to a culture of people and performance