Our client, a high profile brand and manufacturer of quality household products has created this position to support the continued growth of the company. It’s fair to say they have come a long way from their inception over 20 years ago and now operate out of purpose built facilities making over 8000 products and delivering strong profits.
This is an exciting time for the owners with plans to grow, which has led to the decision to create this role and bring further experience and leadership to the team. Working closely with the Owners, you will play a critical role in running the day to day operations and working continuously on improving performance focusing on strong planning and stock management.
• Provide leadership and direction for the manufacturing resources and support functions, to optimise quality and performance
• Run a disciplined organisation focused on quality and driven through lean processes and strong controls
• Maintain the Company’s product integrity in all aspects for quality, cost and delivery
• Manage the planning process to maximise efficiencies around people, stock levels and production
• Support the design, build and maintenance of Navision ERP system, which supports and enhances the daily requirements and operational needs
• Lead, motivate and develop the production, planning, stores and dispatch teams ensuring objectives are given and implemented
• Support HR on health and safety leadership ensuring the business minimises risk
Skills and experience required:
• Manufacturing / Engineering experience
• Must have extensive experience making multiple products with 1000’s of components
• Ability to improve manufacturing processes using techniques such as Lean or Kaizen
• Track record managing stock levels through efficient planning
• Project management
• Commercially aware with strong financial acumen
• Previous exposure to managing large teams
• Strong systems knowledge and experience managing an ERP system
This is an outstanding opportunity to positively impact the continued success of a very unique, special business in close collaboration with the owners. You will play an active role in driving the business forward in line with the company values and culture, developing and nurturing long lasting customer relationships and providing a rewarding and innovative place to work.
This position is being managed by Tom Earl at Pure Executive. For more information or to apply, please contact Lucy Plumb at Pure.