My client, an established but rapidly growing FMCG business with an excellent reputation in their market, are looking to recruit a results-orientated Operations Director to add further experience and depth to the Board. This privately owned, fast paced business have ambitious plans to grow significantly over the next three years, through both UK and overseas expansion. Employing over 100 staff and operating currently from one site, the business predominantly sells online and dispatches over 1 million orders a year. Working closely with the CEO and leadership team, this is a superb opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering those growth plans. The role requires a committed individual with excellent communication skills, who is proactive, commercial astute and quality driven.
As Operations Director, you will be responsible for the overall management of company operations (up to 100 staff) in our Warehouse and Customer Service department.
In addition, your broader responsibilities will be to:
• Review and implement improvements to operational procedures to drive greater efficiencies, increase productivity and improve financial performance
• Lead a cultural change to ensure a first class customer service experience remains aligned to improved business process and delivery
• Develop and mentor direct reports, to ensure the skills pipeline is further developed through their teams and that all staff are committed to company strategy and quality of service
• Manage and report against agreed KPI’s
• Manage health & safety, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
• In collaboration with the Finance Director, prepare annual budgets and monthly reporting on performance, as well as manage third party carriers on operational issues
• Develop strong and effective relationships within the Supply Chain of the business
The successful candidate will demonstrate/be the following:
• Experience of a leadership role within a fast-paced, high volume retail distribution business
• Background in all aspects of warehouse operations management and customer service
• Experience of introducing operational technologies and software systems within a Warehouse environment
• Experience of successfully leading a large team of highly productive, committed and engaged staff
• Experience of the delivery of improved processes and business efficiencies that have impacted on financial performance
• Degree in logistics and/or Supply Chain Management beneficial
• Organised, decisive, ‘can-do’ approach, analytical problem solver, strategic thinker with a high attention to detail.
This is an exciting, newly created role to join the leadership team of a fun, hardworking and highly successful business. It is currently confidential and will require short-listed candidates to sign an NDA before further information will be released.
Please apply or contact Lucy Plumb at Pure Executive in the first instance with your CV.