Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Norwich and Ipswich, some regional travel
Established in 2011, New Anglia LEP is a business-led collaboration between private, public and education sectors across Norfolk and Suffolk. Of the 38 LEPs across England, New Anglia LEP represents one of the fastest growing regions in the country, and is responsible for securing and investing large amounts of public and private sector funding in ambitious projects to create new businesses, jobs and homes. As an organisation, New Anglia LEP prides itself on demonstrating innovation, passion and commitment for the region by working in a collaborative and inclusive manner with its complex and varied stakeholder networks. Having grown significantly over the last six years, it now requires additional senior leadership skills to strengthen its Executive team in the form of an exceptional, highly experienced COO. This person will play an integral role in delivering the organisation’s “ambition to drive economic growth and transform the local economy into a global centre for talent and innovation”.
The new COO, working in conjunction with the CEO and the Board, will provide the operational leadership for the organisation to achieve success for the region. The position will oversee the day to day running of the organisation across two offices in Norwich and Ipswich, ensuring employees are engaged and motivated to perform at their peak, as well as taking a lead in managing projects funded by the LEP.
Other responsibilities to include:
• Design and implement a financially sustainable operating model for the LEP
• Effective financial control and allocation of capital to deliver strategic aims
• Strong governance and Board management to include reporting
• Effective management of stakeholder relationships, ensuring relevant partners across the organisation are aligned with economic strategy and Board priorities
• Review and implement effective processes and systems, enhancing management information and reporting
• Model and set culture, values and behaviour
• Promote the business credentials of the East, and the role of the LEP in this region
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Significant business experience, ideally on a national or international platform, with a proven track record of operating at a senior level
• Ability to effectively manage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with good critical thinking and judgement
• Competency in strategic planning, budgeting, financial control, risk management and business development
• Experience of being a driven, visionary leader who promotes a culture of teamwork and continuous development
• Solid understanding and interest in the East of England’s economic market place and an understanding of local government politics and structures would be beneficial
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
The role requires an authentic, passionate leader, who has the ability to inspire and develop those around them to deliver the strategic plan, shape a culture of ambition for the region and who will identify and capitalise on new initiatives and opportunities for New Anglia LEP. This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity to drive growth and enterprise in Norfolk and Suffolk. Applications from suitable candidates requiring flexible working hours will be considered.
New Anglia LEP has appointed Pure Executive as the sole recruitment partner to manage this recruitment campaign
Contact Jodie Woodrow with your CV on email@example.com