£55,000 - £71,500 base salary
Exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join a start-up company providing a wide spectrum of essential community services to a portfolio of clients including the public, councils, other organisations and businesses. This is an innovative commercial, profit making business. Having recently appointed a Managing Director, this pivotal leadership role will sit on the Board to drive the financial strategy of the business forward.
This is an hands on role initially, to include setting up processes and procedures, contracts and financial systems before it evolves into a more strategically focused role. You will have the opportunity to shape the organisations future direction, as well as the culture of the business
Responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with the Managing Director, Company Directors and the shareholder representatives to develop and implement a financial strategy
* Provide in-depth financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
* Optimise the financial performance and strategic position of the company
* Assume overall control of the company's accounting function
* Ensure the financial systems are robust, compliant, supporting current activities and future growth
* Ensure regulatory and audit requirements are met
* Develop and manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions
* Contribute fully to the development of company strategy, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified accountant, having worked in a management role, with experience from working within complex commercial businesses (property, transport, facilities management would be beneficial). You will be confident and effective at managing a broad range of stakeholders both internally and externally, and be a hands-on, supportive manager. An understanding of local government finance in addition to commercial accounting experience would be an advantage.
Please contact Lucy Plumb or Jodie Woodrow with your CV asap.